The GWG is a newly formed First Nation led community-based sustainable CFE located in beautiful northwestern BC within the Skeena and Nass River Watersheds. The GWG has recently secured long term funding and associated inland economic fishery salmon quotas to support their business aspirations and is seeking an experienced, highly motivated manager to oversee the operations of their CFE. The ideal candidate will possess the following experience and qualifications, however a candidate with less experience may be considered depending on the skills, training and experience they bring to the GWG team. Salaries and benefits associated with this position are negotiable and will be decided based on the education, qualifications and experience the successful candidate brings to the team.
Our ideal CFE Business Manager will have:
- A high level of familiarity with the commercial fishing industry in B.C. and beyond, with a specific focus on salmon, value added fishing opportunities and the associated aspects of salmon fisheries as they relate to commercial ventures, including fishing operations, logistics and handling, processing, sales and marketing.
- Significant experience as a leader in a management role, supporting human resources development and guiding operational logistics.
- Work history that shows you have assisted in the launch and ongoing operation of a successful
- Ability to take direction and align business management with the guidance of a First Nations led Board of Directors.
- Ability to implement a high-level vision taking into account practical input from leadership and
- Have experience in the commercial fishery industry and the business management aspects including;
- Financial planning and budget management
- Data management
- Human Resources management
- Safety training and on the job safety coordination
- Contract management
- Collaborate with first Nation leaders, government and other CFE’s as it relates to DFO’s Pacific Integrated Commercial Fisheries Initiative (PICFI) program(s)
- Manage buildings, an office, equipment and other assets.
- Knowledge of the Gitanyow, Wet’suwet’en and Gitksan traditional systems and their various
- An understanding of recent and relevant legal decisions that pertain to First Nations commercial fishing rights in Canada and B.C.
- Knowledge of community development, sustainable resource use and fishery
- Commercial fishing license regimes and
- Maintain strong links and relationships with other First Nations, DFO, other CFE’s and similar business entities.
- Degree or certificate in fisheries management, business management or equivalent field or alternatively, fisheries operations and management work experience (>5 years minimum).
- At least 5 years of demonstrated senior management experience in human resources, project, asset and financial management.
- Highly developed leadership, planning, communication, networking and coordination
- Excellent working and communications skills as it relates to First Nation cultural awareness and the associated sensitivities of working within their traditional
- Ability to operate and represent effectively at local, regional and national
How to Apply:
Send your resume and cover letter explaining why you would make a good GWG / CFE manager and how you meet the qualifications for this position to:
Attention Hiring Committee Email: GWG.CFE.BC@gmail.com Deadline: November 5, 2021
Questions related to this job opportunity may also be emailed to this email address. We thank everyone who applies, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted regarding this position.